Friday, June 18, 2010

Hanging By The Thread - Donald B. Anderson

Hanging by the Thread is a suspense thriller that follows five friends as they attempt to save the United States from the evil intentions of a secret society known as The Thread. Along the way, readers are treated to lessons in history and economics, courtesy of Dr. Isaacson, a professor at Brigham Young University.

As I strive to be honest in my reviews, I have to say that I did not enjoy this book. The writing was amateur and did not keep my attention. The message, while intended to be inspirational, was laced with right-wing propaganda. The writer seemed to be saying that anyone who supported any sort of economic regulation might as well become part of The Thread, as they were committing grave crimes against America. Although I am not opposed to religion in books, the way that Christianity was brought up again and again did annoy me a bit and diverted my attention from the plot line. I might have enjoyed this book had the writing contained more depth, the message not been so biased, and the plot not been so muddled.

Note: This book was sent to me by the author for review through the third party Bostick Communications.

4 comments:

  1. Gee, I must be a member of The Thread. Who knew? :) I'd never heard of this book before...gladly, now I know that I don't need to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I wouldn't waste your time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is not a waste of time. Don't go by one persons review. Make up your own mind. I personally loved the book. There have been many, many GOOD reviews on it. This is the ONLY one that I have seen that is negative.
    Read it for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was rivited to this book. My neighbor missed an appointment because he was so caught up in it that he lost track of time! Think for yourself and make your own choices! I am confidant that you will at least like it!

    ReplyDelete